As you are hopefully aware, we have now submitted a planning application for the proposed sports facilities and parking on the Millthorpe site.
Inevitably, as with any development of this nature, this has generated a range of responses and we are aware that some of the information that has been circulated is inaccurate or misleading. As such, we thought it would be helpful to provide some key facts about the proposal so that members of the local community can reach an informed and balanced view.
- The proposal is for one pitch, suitable for competitive junior football (smaller than a full-size adult football pitch).
- There will be a Community Use Agreement between the schools and City of York Council (CYC) that sets out how access for local schools and community sports groups is assured, at what times, and at what cost. As well as being a Sport England requirement, income from community lettings is needed to help pay for the upkeep of these facilities.
- The Agreement will also define how late the pitch can stay open and planners need to be satisfied that this is reasonable for local residents.
- The drainage proposal has been checked and approved by the Senior Flood Management Engineer from CYC.
- In addition we have submitted noise and light impact assessments, as well as arboricultural, environmental and ecological surveys, as part of the planning process.
- We are working with the Highways Team at CYC to understand how any impact on the traffic in neighbouring streets can be reasonably managed.
- Parking allowances are based on the standard formula used by planners for this kind of facility.
If you would like any further information about the project, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Headteacher of either school. Please remember that responses may take longer during school holidays.
A reminder that you can view the documents associated with our application and submit any comments via the City of York Council planning website using the reference 1801162/FUL.